Sunday 13 September 2009

Sunday morning at the local park





Max, Talia and I entertained ourselves while B.D. went boxing by trekking over to the local park. Max did a great job on his bike which still has the training wheels on it. We got to the park, had a play for about half an hour before tragedy struck. Max's favorite activity at all parks right now is the fireman pole - he loves to climb up and slide down. The pole at our local park has been replaced with a rope, which B.D. tells me is actually for climbing rather than sliding. I didn't know any better so told Max he could slide down it. Bad Mama - Max slide down and is gave him a rope burn and pulled off a bit of his skin. I bet if it had drawn blood it would not have hurt so much, but that just-below-the-surface type of cut really stings, so Max said he wanted to go home (after asking me to lick his hand, which I authoritatively told him would not help). Luckily his crying on his bike scared away the Canadian Geese, which most people know I am quite afraid of! Once home the wound was washed and dressed with a Diego bandage, Max was fine and ready for his next adventure.

No comments: